One of the easiest ways to take Knots Mini Pretzels to the next level is with our homemade hummus recipe. Homemade hummus might sound daunting, but we can assure it’s not. It only takes 20 minutes to prepare and we’re confident it will exceed store bought hummus in both flavor and freshness.
One thing you’ll need for this recipe is a food processor. You can complete this recipe with a standard blender, but if you really want to impress your guests, food processor is the way to go. Here’s what you’ll need for the recipe.
- 1 (15 oz) can of chickpeas
- ¼ cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (with more for serving)
- ½ tablespoon ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons of water
- Dash of ground paprika (for serving)
- Combine tahini & lemon juice in the bowl of the food processor for one minute or until viscous and quite creamy. You might want to scrape the sides of the food processor and process for another 30 seconds to ensure that the ingredients are properly mixed.
- Add olive oil, minced garlic, cumin, and ½ teaspoon of salt to the food processor and process for 30 seconds. Scrape the sides once again then process for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the 15 oz can of chickpeas to a colander and rinse properly. Add half of the chickpeas to the food processor and run for one minute. Scrape the sides of the food processor, add the remaining chickpeas and run for 1 to 2 more minutes or until clearly whipped.
- The food processor will have done most of the heavy lifting but there might still be little chunks of chickpea that weren’t fully processed. To fix this run the processor and add 2-3 tablespoons of water or until the ideal consistency is obtained.
- Taste the hummus and add salt as needed.
- Serve hummus with a sprinkle of extra-virgin olive oil and a dash of paprika for a little kick. Regardless of whether you use Garlic Parmesan, Chile con Queso or Spicy Sriracha Knots, your guests will be very satisfied.
If you use our homemade hummus recipe share a photo with us and we’ll put it on our Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.